I did manage to get this week's Tasty Thursday up. A day late, but oh well! This is a healthier, spicier version of the Sloppy Joe. Pair it with some grilled veggies or roasted potatoes and you've got a game day meal!
Here's what you need:
* 1 pound Lean Ground Turkey
* ½ whole Red Bell Pepper, Diced
* 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
* 2 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce, Finely Chopped
* ½ whole Sweet Onion, Diced
* 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
* 6 ounces, weight Tomato Paste
* 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
* 1 package (about 1.3 Oz. Packet) Sloppy Joe Seasoning
* 4 whole Wheat Buns Toasted
Here's how to do it:
First, brown the turkey, pepper, garlic, adobo peppers, and onions in olive oil.
Once brown, add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings, and about 1 cup of water to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until thick and hearty.
Meanwhile, toast the buns. If using the oven, preheat to about 400 degrees and place on a baking sheet, insides facing up. Keep checking on them until they are toasted to your liking!
Serve Sloppy Joe turkey over toasted wheat buns. Enjoy!