Hello my friends! This chicken caprese recipe is super easy and it passed the husband test:) I'm afraid I did not take any pictures, but this has to be the easiest recipe I have ever posted here on PCM. Here's the link to the original recipe on Tasty Kitchen.
What you Need:
* ¼ cups Olive Oil, Plus 2 Tablespoons, Divided
* 1 teaspoon Salt
* 4 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
* 4 whole Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
* 4 whole Roma Tomatoes--sliced
* 1 cup Bocconcini Cheese
* 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
* ½ cups Fresh Basil, Cut Into Chiffonade
What to do:
1. In a large resealable bag, drizzle ¼ cup olive oil, salt and pepper over 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Seal bag and mix the bag around to coat the chicken evenly.
2. On the barbecue or in a grill pan over medium heat, grill the chicken until cooked through (about 7 minutes per side).
3. To serve, place a cooked chicken breast(s) on a plate or platter, top each with the tomato slices, bocconcini (or slices of fresh mozzarella), drizzle the balsamic vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and top with the fresh basil.
We did not use any cheese because CAT doesn't like it, and I think the recipe was just as good without it. The chicken was fabulous! Crispy, crusty, and favorful! This would make a great entertaining meal as well - easy to do and you could just put the ingredients out kind of like a taco bar. Enjoy!
(all ingredients and instructions from the original tasty kitchen post)